Thursday, May 7, 2009

Phone Obsessed

Does anyone remember the old SNL sketch where three guys were in some super "modern" store and they were making fun of technology? They are comparing/talking about cellphones and one guy pulls out his cell phone (maybe Will Ferrell), and it's smaller than his thumbnail and he can barely hold onto it because it's so small?

No?

Okay, maybe it's just me but I thought of that sketch yesterday when I got Internet connected to my phone. Now I'll admit to being a bit phone obsessed (I know I'm not the only one), but I always swore that I wouldn't get Internet on my phone. Who needs it? I have a computer, plus fancy new high-speed Internet, clearly I have no need for the Internet on my phone. I was very adamant about this, self-righteous even....oh how the mighty do fall.

Of course I remember making the same oaths against texting, and phones with keyboards, and facebook, and blogging, but clearly those didn't work out :) So yesterday I get the Internet hooked up to my phone and I found myself sitting on the couch, looking up facebook on my phone. On my tiny 1x2 in square phone screen. The best part? My computer was sitting next to me, open, connected to the Internet, and logged on to facebook.

I at least had the presence of mind to laugh at myself! And to consider the fact that if someone wanted to become a hermit in this day and age it would be way more fun with all the technology we have now. Yeah, don't ask my mind works in mysterious ways...

1 comment: