Monday, May 4, 2009

Ode to Sam's Club

I have discovered the joy's of discount warehouse shopping. In a never ending quest to be more money conscious I joined Sam's Club. What a wonderfully, magical place. They have everything, only MORE of everything. Do you need 84 rolls of toilet paper? They've got it. Were you in the market for 3 dozen pairs of white athletic socks? They've got it. I do admit that I don't always understand their bulk offerings...mayonnaise by the gallon? Really? Unless you're a Duggar, or a member of the fictitious Eriksen family and need to make a traditional holiday 7 layer mayonnaise salad, I can't see the need. Plus it makes me want to throw up a little.

On the other hand I'm not sure that I really needed those 36 individual cups of applesauce, but that didn't stop me from buying them! I will take credit for showing incredible self-control while wandering past the school supply aisle (3 times). Oh, the school supply aisle! I could devote an entire blog to my love of school supplies. While buying 2 pounds of beef jerky is something that I hope to never do; the sight of 24 multi-colored fine-tipped roller ball pens left me weak in the knees. To say nothing of the sharpie markers, and post-its, and paper, and more pens. I can't believe I made it out of there without a single item from that aisle. I only made it out by thinking about the start of next school year, when I can buy school supplies to my hearts content...............

2 comments:

  1. Marshall could easily go through a gallon of mayo. :-) And I'm pretty sure that he'd eat the 7 layer mayonnaise salad...just sayin'. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW he would eat the seven later mayonnaise salad. It's no concidence that his name is Marshall...

    ReplyDelete