Thursday, June 25, 2009

Domesticated Animals....are they really?

I've never understood people who have wild animals as pets. I mean seriously people, a Tiger (snake, spider, elephant, monkey, whatever) is NOT a pet. I once saw this TV show about people who have monkey's instead of babies and we're not talking about just one family, but a lot of people. I tried to stop watching, but couldn't. They have highchairs and strollers and clothes and refer to the Monkey as their child. One man even got mad when someone laughed at the monkey and said something along the line of "that's my daughter" (dude, no its not. It's a MONKEY). This one lady had to send her monkey to an animal sanctuary after it tried to kill her and she still visited it and called it her son, also her mom talked about how she missed her grandson since he was now at the monkey sanctuary. Anyway, I had a point.....

Oh yeah, wild animals are not meant to be kept as pets. I'm not even convinced that domesticated animals are truly domesticated. Sure, my dog is personally afraid of her own farts and wouldn't ever turn on me but my cat? Oh she'd eat me in a second. She started life as this tiny adorable furball.


But even when she was tiny and (seemingly) innocent, I could see the wheels turning in that evil little brain of hers. See right now she's thinking "I could totally take that".

(Clearly my point about the dog being completely domesticated is proven). Okay, besides being a crazy lady who post pictures of her cat on her blog, I did have a point....



Yes, here's the thing. Sometimes when Cordelia looks at me I know she's thinking "If I weighed 200 lbs more, I'd eat you. And I'd like it". So if my cute, adorable (sometimes evil) "domesticated" cat is secretly hatching plans to kill me in my sleep, what's to stop a tiger from doing it? The answer is nothing, but still people are surprised when their wild animals turn on them. They go on the news and cry about how they never imagined that their beloved pet (ha) could turn on them. Hello? It's a wild animal, you don't see me bringing a gorilla into my house to dress up and feed with a bottle. So here's the thing, lets keep the wild animals in the wild where they belong. Also, if you have a cat like mine, watch your back!

No comments:

Post a Comment