Thursday, January 29, 2009

8 things about me....

I was tagged by my BFF over at The Ivey League to post 8 things all about me. Although the rules say that I'm supposed to do this and then tag other people to force them into revealing things about themselves, I'm going to just do it for fun! Since I'm sure you're all just dying to read about me here goes.

1. I am a special education teacher while I like my job, I don't want to spend 20 more years in the classroom. I'm hoping to move more into the administrative side of sped which I get to do some since I'm a Lead Teacher at my school. I also secretly think that I'm much better at the administrative side of things than I am in the classroom.

2. Becoming an aunt is one of the greatest things that's ever happened to me. Getting to watch my sister as a mom is one of the most wonderful and inspiring things that's ever happened to me. I aspire to be as good of a mother as she is.

3. I was an Au Pair in Paris for several months, but got kicked out of the country by the government.

4. The above story IS true, but it's not nearly exciting as it sounds. I was there right after 9/11 and the French Government wouldn't give me a visa because the family I was working for weren't French. Still I can now say that I lived in France, and that I got kicked out. It's my "go-to" story when I have to introduce myself along with an interesting fact about my life.

5. The longer I spend at work, the thicker (and more Southern) my accent becomes. Friends from HS and College say that I have a Southern accent all the time, but I don't really believe them.

6. I tend to panic in large, crowded situations. I've actually had to jump out of a car in the parking lot of an outlet mall before because there were TO MANY PEOPLE! My friends and family embrace this quirk and are no longer offended when I simply take off for an open space and air to breath (even if it means ditching them in a crowded store).

7. I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis last year 6 weeks before my 30th birthday. I was in constant, mind-numbing pain for 6 months before medications started to kick in. Despite all of that I feel that I have a much better perspective on life now, and am more thankful for the blessing that the Lord has given me. It has also made me feel closer to my grandfather even though he died when I was 16. I think that I have a better understanding of what a wonderful man he was since he lived with RA without the benefit of the meds that I take.

8. During those 6 months of horrible I couldn't sleep at night because it hurt to much (I also couldn't chew or open doors, but that's another story). Instead of sleeping I sat up and watched war movies. When you're watching some poor soldier get his leg blown off in the forest of Bastogne your pain doesn't feel so bad.

So now you know all kinds of interesting facts about me....what about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment