Thursday, January 7, 2010

For Alyssa

In the world of Adoption there are many, many wonderful stories that are told about bringing families together.  I have read dozens of wonderful stories and seen hundreds of blogs with happy endings. 

Alyssa's story is not one of those happy endings.

I've gotten permission from Alyssa's adoptive mom to link her story here.  I share it because I feel that it is a story that needs to be told, that people need to hear.  So that this can be prevented from ever happening again.   I wish I had power, or knew important people, or could do something to help...  I feel powerless, hopeless, and helpless and I know that none of that, none of what any of us feel when we read Alyssa's story is even close to what her mom feels. 

Please read it, please think of Alyssa, please pray for a solution.  If enough people know, if enough people care, then maybe this could lead to a happy ending...if not for Alyssa then for others who have been put in the same situation. 

And...if you know anyone with power feel free to pass this along

No comments:

Post a Comment