Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I am not a Writer...

I am a person who writes. If you don't understand the difference then you've never been an English Major, or a Writer, or a Person who Writes.

See here's the difference, I like to write and I write when I feel like it. I blog, or journal, or type things into files that will never see the light of day. I start stories, and more stories, and write scenes, and make plans that I never follow through on. Some months I'll write a lot, some months I won't write at all. I use entirely to many italics (and parentheses).

But a Writer, well a writer writes everyday. They write even when the words won't come, they write when they feel like it and when they don't. They put pen to paper just to put pen to paper. They are much, much more disciplined than I. They have the skill and ability to take words and thoughts and dreams and ideas and turn them into the stories that we read.

And here's my secret (shh) I've always wanted to be a Writer. To be able to take the scenes and stories that run rampant through my brain and put them on the page and make them as real as they are in my head. I want to be able to influence, and inspire, to make people laugh or cry based on my words. I want to be a writer, but I may have to settle on just being a person who writes.

1 comment:

  1. Jesse I have never been on a blog but I would do anything for you. You are a great friend and will be a wonderful mother. I almost cried reading your blog. Being a mother is one of the greatest things on earth. My children complete me and I can't imagine life without them. I am already in love with your little one even though she isn't even born. This is going to be a great journey. Kim J

    ReplyDelete